Departing at Tampa International Airport:
Tampa International Airport is easy to find, just five miles west of downtown Tampa on the eastern shore of Tampa Bay.
If you live locally, get here by taking Spruce Street, Highway 60 or the Veterans Expressway.
Getting through security can be a breeze if you follow TSA’s procedure. Here’s a quick breakdown of what to expect:
- Allow plenty of time to get through the screening process by arriving two hours prior to departure, especially during peak travels periods, including weekends and holidays.
- Be sure to have your boarding pass and ID handy; accepted forms of ID include a valid U.S. driver’s license, passport and military ID.
- Wear slip-on shoes to make removing and replacing them at security easier.
- Remember 3-1-1 for carry-ons: Liquids, gels, aerosols, creams and pastes must be 3.4 ounces (100ml) or less per container, must be in 1 quart-sized, clear plastic bag and you can only have 1 bag in your carry on. If you’ve got more, you’ll need to check it.
- Don’t try to carry on any sharp objects, firearms or explosives.
- If you’ve got a laptop, you may be asked to remove it from its sleeve or bag when putting it through x-ray screening
WiFi is free in the Main Terminal and at airside buildings. So what are you waiting for? Log on!
Forgot to pack something or want a magazine to read on the plane? Visit our shops.
Want a quick bite before taking off? Dine in or grab something to go from one of our restaurants.